That's a lot to live up to if you opt to dress as Wonder Woman for a fancy dress party. Needless to say I fell slightly short of the standard set by the delectable Lynda Carter but I did have fun (and I got to sleep with Captain Scarlet at the end of the day).
Black hair is definitely something I should avoid - makes me look washed out because my skin & brows are so fair. We made our costumes virtually from scratch - I made the cape and the skirt (unfortunately I forgot to press the skirt's seams and hems flat) and modified a swimsuit. The boots were a great find on Ebay, not authentic but I couldn't find anything suitable. Captain Scarlet modified a ladies' jacket to make his tunic - I think he did a pretty good job. Here's a close up of the man who's hopefully going to give me a kidney - he's a keeper isn't he?
The photos were taken by a friend who is a professional photographer and the files are so huge I've uploaded a few to Flickr rather than put them here, it's the first time I've attempted to do this so hopefully you can see them here, let me know if you can't and I'll see what I can do to fix it.
It was a long day, I had to prepare all the food because I was too tight to pay around £16.50 a head for a caterer with over 100 people invited. In the end only 30 or so turned up out of the 60 who had RSVP to say they'd come. I got some bullshit excuses such as "I went to sleep and didn't wake up until it was too late to come" which made me feel really special. But hey ho, they missed some good food and a fun night.
I was on the go all day, I didn't sit down, drink or eat for pretty much the entire day, even at the party I only had a couple of drinks. I guess I was running on adrenaline which contributed to my illness the following day. With hindsight, if I'd known so few would grace me with their presence I would have booked the bliffin' caterer!
Friday, 28 September 2007
Beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena
at 9:26 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 Comments:
Fabulous! What excellent costumes - you are a (wonder) woman of many talents.
Puss
How rude! And after all your effort too!
I'm glad you had a good time though, and yes, Captain Scarlet is definitely a keeper :o)
You did a great job with the costumes by the way.
G;day from Oz,
Thanks for visiting. I think both of you looked great.
For those who didn't turn up - invite them to your next shindig and come to Australia instead, leaving 'em to pay the caterer!
Keep smiling
David
Great costumes, and what a fun party! Those rude bums who didn't show up really missed out, it looks like.
Ooo I think yu look splendid! An I think the peepol hoo dident come wer very rood. Yu shud invite them all over fer a dinner an wen they get ther, say, oh sorry I fell asleep an fergot to cook. Sorry bowt that.
HAHAA.
:@}
Those boots are SO cool!!!! Great costume - well done!! x
A Keeper? Well, yes.
And if you ever do come to Oz, make sure you drop in to Canberra, OK?
Those outfits look Fhabbbulouss Darrrhliiiing. can't wait to see the looks you get at the Catherdral tomorrow . . . lol
The costumes are fantastic!
I pinged in via a mention on your friend's blog ~ so hello!
from
Gledwood
"Vol 2"....
heroes unite!
I am not far from Durham!
Near Whitby!
Puss - you're too kind
Mrs Woman = Thanks, he's a good lad
David - nice to see you back
Sonnjea - rude bums is only one of many expressions I used
Bob - sage advice as always, thanks
Amy - praise indeed from an expert
Zoe - you can count on it, not sure how long you'll have to wait though
Shaz - tha bellth, tha bellth!!
Gledwood - thanks for dropping in to say hello
Mrs Nesbitt - welcome to you too. Aww come on, Whitby is hardly near Durham ... took us an hour & a half to get there!! :-) You can join in the next time
Post a Comment