BOYOYOYOYOYOYONNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!! That was a gong in case you didn't notice, not that tinny little thing your Granny used to tap to summon you to your boiled eggs and soldiers, a massive 6 foot diameter, beaten bronze masterpiece. Yes I'm back!
Firstly, my thanks to everyone who expressed concern over my whereabouts, your comments and emails were very much appreciated. I can't adequately put into words why I stopped posting except to say that I was taken over by some kind of inertia, and boy when that inertia stuff gets holds of you it sure is hard to get ert again.
As you may remember up until my last post I was busily preparing for my 40th birthday party which was to be held a week or so before my actual birthday. I will post pictures and go into more detail another time but just a swift recap for now.
The party went very well. I prepared all the food and my neighbours manned the barbecue for me. Since I did all the choppng and mixing and was the hostess I didn't sit down all day or night so I was absolutely knackered by the time I finally managed to crawl into bed.
The next day I started throwing up (not due to a hangover since I barely had a chance to drink the night before) and later in the day started getting chills too. I was running a nasty fever and as I'm of such a delicate disposition my doctor referred me to the hospital where I stayed for a week. I had a suspected urinary tract infection but there never was any actual evidence of it apart from sickness and fever and some funny stuff going on with blood test results.
My stay in hospital was an absolute nightmare and I thought I would either go mad or drop dead from the stress - more on that in another post - but eventually I told them that they either discharge me or I would discharge myself. I was not going to spend my 40th birthday in hospital and finally managed to escape the evening before my birthday.
Tha whole episode seems to have put me in a real downer because I haven't wanted to do anything. I have just about managed to go to work and go to dialysis but that's it. I've been housesitting the black dog.
However, I'm starting to get back to normal and feeling a bit more positive. Not only have I managed to book some holiday dialysis so I can go away for a week and squeeze in a blogmeet with the wonderful croc-shod Shaz but, and this is a doozy, I've been given a tentative green light to have kidney transplant from a living donor ... none other than Captain Scarlet! My hero!! We need to get his blood tested, etc., but one of the surgeons has at least agreed in principle to the surgery without me having to lose loads of weight first!
Friday, 21 September 2007
Enter the Dragon
at 6:49 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 Comments:
Wow! What fantastic news! That's great! How long will it be before you know for sure?
I'm sorry that you had such an awful time in hospital, and that it left you feeling so down. Poor you, you've had such a rough time! I'm glad you're feeling more yourself again now.
Great to see you posting again! (email on it's way)
Now that, is excellent news!
Good to have you back, petal.
Puss
Good to see back and "erted"....sorry to hear about the hospitalisation. I bet it will be wonderful to meet Shaz! and hope you get further news on the transplant soon. :o)
You sneaky ickle imp! You never mentioned a transplant in our phone conversations. I'm gonna have to get you in a blog-head lock & twist all the juicies out of ya. Can't wait x x x x x
Mrs Woman - feeling myself has always been one of the Capt's priorities.
Puss - good to see you too, always nice to have a diva around for company.
Ruth - that inertia is a bugger but it works both ways too, hopefully once I start up again I won't be able to stop! And I'm looking forward to being Shazzed :-)
Shaz - I didn't know when we last spoke! Everything's all very tentative, blood tests and other screening plus counselling needs to be done first. I also want get a bit smaller and fitter, I feel really motivated now. Looking foward to the headlock ... x
Oh, that's wonderful news!!!! So, so happy for you!!
Keep an eye on Black Dog - he says he's in it for mutual exchance but I find he's all take-take-take...
Glad you're back!
It's good to have you back. I've been concerned, yet didn't want to poke my nose into private affairs.
Wonderful news about the transplant! Many a slip, and it won't be tomorrow, but the light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train.
HUGS, Zoe
Fantastic news!!! The last part I mean. I'm so sorry you were sick and even worse, in hospital. ugh.
Glad you're back :)
Wow. That's so great. Well done you, you worked hard to get that green light ;-)
Amy - Woof!
Zoe - Good to see you too, yep there are many flaming hoops to jumpt through first
Mousie - Thanks for calling in, I hope life has been easier on you than of late
DQ - The light's still on amber right now but fingers and toes crossed
Post a Comment