Friday, 27 July 2007

222

I've been tagged with this easy little meme by the eminently employable Shaz. Essentially all you need to do is raid Wikipedia for information pertaining to your birth date - enter your day and month of birth into the search feature on the left of their main page. Then add this list, chop the top person off (apologies to Last Minute Lyn) and insinuate your blog's name on the bottom. Then list 3 events, 2 births and 1 holiday that happen/ed on your birthdate. Finally tag 5 other people.

Useless piece of information for you, on a non leap year my birthday is day number 222.

Are We There Yet??
Sarge Charlie
Comedy Plus
Us Danes
Medication Time

Three Events:

1. 1519 - Ferdinand Magellan's five ships set sail from Seville to circumnavigate the globe. They had to turn back after reaching Bermuda because Seaman Staines remembered that he'd left the gas on and Roger the Cabin Boy was suffering from severe piles.

2. 1990 - The Magellan space probe reaches Venus. Apparently upon resuming their voyage they took a wrong turn and instead of circumnavigating the globe they shot off into space.

3. 2006 - Scotland Yard disrupts major terrorist plot to destroy aircraft travelling from the United Kingdom to the United States. Wankers.

Two Births:

1. 1489 - Jacob Sturm von Sturmeck, German statesman and reformer (d. 1553)

2. 1939 - Kate O'Mara, British actress

One Holiday:
Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.

The lucky tagees are:

Bob T Bear Esq
Echomouse
Amy
Ruth
Leanne

16 Comments:

MrsG said...

Wooohooo!!! Tag - I'm it!!!

RUTH said...

Will catch up with this after the weekend. Had been trying to stop doing tags as I never know who to choose but will have a go with this.
Rx

Shaz said...

Welll done No. 222! . . . .lol. I'm now gonna work it out for that soon to be birthday (wink) x x

PS Added you ro my Samson list of benefactors, sorry about that me dear x x

Leanne said...

thanks for the tag, will add it to my blog when ive worked out how to do it lol! im still a novice at all this. x

Glamourpuss said...

Kate O' Mara is awesome.

Puss

Drama Queen said...

I get a lot of death on my date. . .oh and the titanic sunk as well.

Nice.

Mr Mans Wife said...

There has been a lot of death on my birth date as well. I was born on martyr day. Great.

Shaz said...

9th August!!!!!

Shaz said...

Unless you were born on a leap Year!

Shaz said...

It's Day 222 . . . .so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY X X X

RUTH said...

Ermmmm...I agree with Shaz...it has to be today. Happy Birthday!
Rx

Calamity Jane said...

Thanks guys but I can assure you it's tomorrow. Long story regarding absence follows ... eventually.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Hullo! I hope yu ar OK! We miss yu!

Sendin nose-hugs!

Bob

:@}

Shaz said...

OK! No excuses . . . . where are the pics of the party? I want burgers, fancy dress & a pee eyed CJ!

Echomouse said...

Darnit...I missed this! Sorry. Getting on that now.

Hope you're okay. You haven't posted in a long time :(

Drama Queen said...

Hope no news is good news XX