It's been raining too much for building so we at Calamity Towers are occupying ourselves by preparing for my impending 40th birthday party. I'm unabashed in telling you that I have called it by the rather pretentious name of The Glitter Ball. It's taking place in a village hall, ha ha, The Glitter Ball.
It's a 70's theme fancy dress party and I'm going as Wonder Woman. That is to say Wonder Woman of the 21st Century (I know, I'm cheating ... it's my party!), the one where she's post marriage, post childbirth, pre menopausal. She no longer wears the star spangled girdle instead she wears boots with good arch support, control top tights and a cape to conceal those batwing triceps.
Capt Scarlet is going as himself. Pictures to follow after the event.
We're also having a barbecue and I'm doing the food. My next door neighbour will be in charge of the grill (which we don't have yet). I've never even thrown a small backyard BBQ before so it remains to be seen how I'll manage with 100+ people. Fingers and toes crossed everyone!
Wednesday, 4 July 2007
Stayin' alive
at 4:27 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Comments:
Keeping all parts crossed for you...have a wonderful time and can't wait to see the photos!
This sounds like un & I can help by mailing you some fab, quick & easy BBQ cheats!
You can pick up a great Wonder Woman costume on ebay. I know this from experience. And that's all I'm saying.
Puss
Ruth - thanks, i didn't have a party for my 18th, 21st or 30th ... this one had better be good!
Shaz - please do dear, I nee dall the help I can get.
Puss - I've seen them and considered getting one but am having some fun making my own. It won't be entirely authentic - largeley due to my large posterior - but it will be good.
hope you have a fantastic birthday, i bet you'll have a great time. x
Post a Comment