Wednesday, 4 July 2007

All creatures ... and a few plants

Some pictures for y'all. They're a bit small, click on them for a larger image.

My lovely fuchsias:



Even more impressive when seen from below!



I planted sugar snap peas this year and they all germinated giving me about 12 plants which I put in pots due to the building work going on. For the last 3 weeks we've been getting pods from them regularly which are yummy to eat raw. I've also got a few straggly strawberry plants in a window box which yield about 2 ripe fruits every couple of days.




I also planted round carrots in a trough. They're doing really well although I need to thin them out - I haven't go the heart to do that though.



Tumbling tomatoes in hanging baskets. Flowering beautifully and I saw some fruit set this morning.



Bullrushes in the pond ... not planted intentionally, they're far too big for a small pond! If you look in the background you'll see a heap of ballast, I have to climb on this to water and harvest my strawberries!



Site Foreman, Dougal, is puzzled by the arrival of part of the lunar landing module at the building site.



And finally, Cami looking cute in a rare patch of sunlight

6 Comments:

RUTH said...

Beautiful flowers! So exciting to eat your own fruit and veg even if only a small crop. I'd love bulrushes by my pond is too small too. Take care.
Rx

Shaz said...

Loved the pics Cj x x x

Sonnjea said...

Great flowers and veggies! You've been working so hard - I hope you enjoy the BBQ birthday celebration!

Calamity Jane said...

Thanks Ruth!

Shaz - sorry I made you wait

Sonnjea - my poor edibles have led a nomadic existence. They're all in pots and troughs and get moved around according to where my tame builder needs to make a path!

Leanne said...

i have a few strawberry plants in the corner around my bird table and they are just starting to get what looks some fruits on them, its so exciting to grow and eat things from your very own garden isnt it. x

Calamity Jane said...

Hello Leanne - give them some diluted tomato food every week and keep them off the mud or compost otherwise the fruit will rot. You'll soon have some yummy fruits - if the birds eating at the birdtable don't start having a go that is LOL. And yes, very exciting, the homegrown ones taste better somehow.