It's 03:50 am and for the fourth night in a row I'm spending the night in the recliner. No not the one in the doghouse, I haven't been chucked out of bed, I just can't get any sleep in a horizontal position. I'm suffering with "the most spectacular" ear infection my doctor has ever seen.
It hurts. It hurts with a pain that disables my other senses and makes sleep next to impossible. Yesterday I couldn't even open my mouth wide enough to eat a yogurt. In 2 hours I'm supposed to get up and have a shower before heading off to dialysis. I can't bear the thought of getting my head wet so my hair will have to remain in the state it's in ... chip pan chic.
12 days till Christmas Day, and I haven't done a blasted thing yet. I should be writing cards instead of blogging - I can do that without disturbing anyone else's sleep. I had to have an internal ultrasound scan which revealed that I have some kind of growth in my womb - nothing nasty apparently but there will be plenty of knees apart humiliation to deal with it.
Will someone please put me out of my misery?
PS Thanks for all your comments over the past few posts. I really appreciate them despite not replying or following up on your blogs. I've had some connection trouble for a week or so - bought a new PC which has Windows Vista which of course doesn't seem be compatible with anything else in the house including our wireless router. It's got a 21" widescreen flat panel though. Woo.
Thursday, 13 December 2007
They shoot horses, don't they?
at 3:48 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 Comments:
Blimey. You poor thing. That all sounds utterly horrible. I don't know what to suggest but I am sending healing vibes and warm hugs.
Puss
Garlic. Garlic is the cure for everything. If you can't open your mouth you'll just have to insert it into your bottom - as recommended by an X-factor auditionee last year!
Seriously though, I hope you feel better soon. You certainly are having a rough time of it. (((hugs))) x
Ooh, nasty... Poor love - let me know if anything from the West Country might help you feel better! (No garlic here, alas - perhaps some freezing sleet or a pasty..?) xx
Horrible. I think you are a star.
Puss - got 'em. Feeling better already (although I am rather deaf)
Mrs Woman - I love garlic but the Cap'n makes such a fuss that I rarely indulge, orally or anally.
Amy - again with the pasty, one of these days I'm going to give in and let you send me one :-)
DQ - you too, I hope you don't abandon blogging forever
Jane,
It's awful, isn't it - that's all I can think of... I'll find something else - this place MUST have something more iconic to offer (that will survive the post!)
Vegemite?
It won't make you feel any better, but eat a spoonful, and you'll realise things could be a lot worse. Because suddenly they are.
Hugs from Australia, anyway.
Thanks so much for your card. believe me you are doing better than I am...haven't even got the tree down yet so I must get sorted....
Oh the little fella was packing a few clothes last time I looked!
Dxx
Oh deer. SO sorry yu hert. I've never herd ov a ear infecshun that bad. Wat on erth is it???? Do yu hav a wee moth hybernaytin in there? Good greeef! I hope it is all better by now. Sendin lots ov Bear hugs for yu. I am good at hed hugs.
:@}
Happy Crismoss, CJ! Thank yu so much for yor Crismoss Card! It's luvley. It has pride ov playse heer. I put it on my blog too! I hope yu ar well enuff to enjoy Crismoss Day. Sendin nose hugs! I will eet an extra mince pie for yu!
Bob & co.
:@}
Post a Comment