Is there anybody there? Knock once for yes, twice for no.
I've been extraordinarily busy just lately, hence no posts for a month. I'm not going to explain why, I'm saving that for another post. Big news, but it can wait until I've crafted it into one of my usual masterpieces [cough].
Today I tell you about the time that my boss borrowed my socks which by a curious happenstance was actually today.
Picture this: he's in his office with the door closed because he's getting changed into his mess dress uniform because he's off to the big Airmen's Leadership School Graduation. Big party. Officer's Club. Lots of brass expected. Very formal event.
He cries "Oh My God!" behind the closed door. I shout "What?" he comes out and says that he didn't bring an undershirt. "Oh" I say dumbly, not much I can do about that since I'm not packing white vests into my supersecretary-almost-ready-for-anything handbag. Note to self, remember to pack a wife-beater tomorrow just in case.
He disappears again. "Crap!" He opens the door again "I haven't got any socks either".
Actually he's wearing socks but they're olive green and don't really go with shiny black shoes and Air Force blue trews. I jokingly offered him my socks and took off my boots to show him. "Jane, they're black! Will you let me wear them?"
Oh boy.
I splutter that I've been wearing them all day and they're, well, you know, sweaty. "That doesn't matter" he insists. I point out that they're err not actually a pair either. "Not a problem, they're black, they're fine. Give them to me". I comply and he returns to his office to dress.
A few moments later he emerged resplendent in his smart mess dress. He lifts up his trouser legs to show me the general effect and I almost die laughing over the fact that on one ankle he has in sparkly fake diamante the word "Foxy" and on the other "Star".
Thursday, 29 May 2008
Twinkletoes
at 7:06 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 Comments:
I was just thinking last night that I hadn't seen your blog come up on my reader, was going to e-mail you but here you are! :)
And the mental image of those not-quite-regulation socks was worth the wait!
Glad you're back.
KNOCK!
Heheheh!
I waz thinkin bowt yu the uther day. It waz wen I waz lookin for sum pants to put owt to hug in cayse the thunder storm cayme bak, an disydid to yewz my "Lukky Pants" that yu sent me! WA-HEYY! They werkt, too, coz the storm dident come bak! Wa-hey!
Speekin ov wich, wat if yor boss hadent had eny pants? Wud yu hav lent him yors? Hehehehe!
I like the idea ov yor boss bein in a big uniform but wiv sparkly gerl soks on underneath. The thing is, if enywun sor them, they wud hav ASSEWMD that he had gerly pants on too!
Wat a result!
Heheheh!
Nose hugs- hope yu ar ok!
:@D
Knock Kno
Well, everyone says I'm not all here....
I wonder if he was the Foxy Star of the evening. There are few things in life not improved by diamante.
Puss
Knock! Hello there lovely!! x
This is cinematic humor--like a scripted Adam Sandler movie or something.
Oh, I'm knocking, big time. I've missed you.
Sue - thanks for stopping by!
Sonnjea - it was a funnier moment than I'm used to working with the military
Bob - I know! I said to the Capt that my boss would have been out of luck if he needed pants.
Zoe - are you really there or am I imagining you?
Puss - you would have been so proud, he pointed his toes too.
Amy - Hi girl. Thought of you the other day, in a travel show a guy was biking down PCHI and stopped in Santa Cruz, I never knew it was so progressive! We just stopped in the Burger King and drove down to Cambria without stopping to explore.
Jocelyn - Adam Sandler? But there were no ukeleles in this story ...? :-)
Have a liitle award honorarium when you come back to blogging. thinking and praying good things..sandy
Post a Comment