Sunday, 15 October 2006

3 Gross Things

I recently discovered Clare's positively inspirational and inspirationally positive site which was being featured on Blogger's Blogs of Note. It's a wonderfully uplifting site, she sees beauty where most people see the mundane so at at first I thought I would mention a few beautiful things myself but then I thought why steal Clare's thunder, she has the beautiful stuff market cornered already so why not put my own icky spin on it.

1. I decided to give myself a beauty MOT today and have a pedicure, body scrub, exfoliate, depilate, etc, etc. While clipping my toenails I discovered that the lady who waxes my legs has been neglecting my toes. I had to tweeze out several hairs on both little piggies that were over an inch long. I didn't think toe hair could grow that long. I need to get better acquainted with my feet.

2. I found a small white lump in one of my armpits and being of the better out than in persuasion I gave it a squeeze. Out came a HUGE blackhead with a long, thick tail. I swear it winked at me.

3. I have a large lump and and enormous purpley-black bruise from yesterday's kerfuffle with dialysis and bleeding in Tesco's carpark. It is shaped roughly like the USA, except Maine and the northeast appear to have been flooded by the Great Lakes. The needle puncture appears to have taken out Chicago.

4 Comments:

Clare said...

I am always really surprised that my waxing lady ASKS if I want my toes done -- as if there are ladies out there who might, you know, want their toe hair left alone.

That blackhead is truely vile! Well done... I think. With all due respect, I hope no-one else picks up this spin on 3BT -- I shall lie awake feeling partly (but only partly) responsible for the horrors unleashed upon the world.

Calamity Jane said...

Sorry Clare - I hope you weren't offended. You have a lovely site and I visit every day for a little pick-me-up.

I truly attempted to to be positive but only came up with "paid my Visa bill and actually had money left in my current account" which seemed a bit lame so I thought I'd anti it up a little. Mary Mary quite contrary :-)

Clare said...

I wasn't offended -- I was drily amused. I need to work on my wryness delivery.

Keep trying with 3BT -- yesterday was a real struggle for me. I hardly left the house (apart from a dentist's appointment which spawned a shockingly high bill). Anyway, I persevered and squeezed three out and it was very satisfying.

Calamity Jane said...

Aha! A secret squeezer too!!