Saturday night was spent at our annual Dialysis Unit Christmas Party. This year’s was actually a ceilidh - we had a live 7 piece band playing Irish folk music with dancing plus of course great food and company.
Cap’n Marvel is fairly musical and was fascinated by some of the instruments used on stage. The one that most took his interest was a strange looking contraption that from where I was sitting looked like a small fat viola with a keyboard and a wind up handle. It turned out to be a hurdy gurdy and it would seem that the player was used to being asked about the instrument because when the Cap’n went up to ask questions the guy said “Here, I’ll give you a leaflet.”
A warm mince pie and a dollop of clotted cream to anyone who makes the connection between the post title and the subject.
Tuesday, 12 December 2006
Dancing in stilettos in the snow
at 5:59 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Comments:
A random guess: Neil from The Young Ones sang "There's a hole in my shoe letting in water" (reference to Stilletoes!) & Hurdy Gurdy Man!
Close but no cigar. I like your way of thinking though :-)
I give in! You're gonna have to tell me & put me out my misery!!
I'll give you a clue ... Marillion
I'm working on it . . . . Bare with me!
Post a Comment