Wednesday, 23 January 2008

Au revoir, not adieu

To my trusty band of readers,

You may have noticed that I haven't written much lately, in fact output has been on the wane for sometime. Sorry. And thank you for worrying about me. Well there's this thing called My Life that keeps getting in the way. Although it provides the inspiration for my writing it also prevents me from sitting down and writing it all out so I'm officially taking a break until I've reorganised my life - and yes I'm working on that, trying to get into a routine of getting to work on time, finishing on time, keeping the house tidy, the Captain fed properly, my parents visited and getting some exercise.

I shall continue to do what I have been doing which is a swift circuit of all my favourite blogs (if you're listed on Most Wanted then that means you), and please remember just because I don't always comment doesn't mean I don't care. Oh and I've acquired a couple of new readers - I haven't fully read your blogs yet or replied to your comments but you are hereby officially acknowledged San & Maz! I've always been useless with small talk and I don't believe in leaving a banal LOL just for the sake of it. My IP location seems to change on a regular basis but currently I appear to reside in London, London City of (which is about 70 miles away but hey ho, I've also resided in Reading, Swindon, and a few others, funny but I hadn't noticed packing up and moving so often).

I envy those who have such busy lives and yet still manage to blog about it all. I'm handicapped by the fact that I can't blog or even just read other blogs at work which is where I suspect an awful lot of blogging gets done. I used to write in my break and email it home but I run the risk of having it intercepted and read and getting into trouble for using an official computer for unofficial reasons. Then I used to write and save it to a memory stick (we have no floppy drives these days) but they're banned now. So you see I literally can't find the time.

My Dad is back home again, he's OK but not great. We're seeing about getting him some home help and I'm visiting more often to bring food and do their laundry.

Currently we're looking at the possibility of my transplant taking place in April or May. It still hasn't been fully blessed by the head honcho of surgery but things are looking positive. The next few months are going to be very busy with hospital visits, I've got to have surgery to remove 2 polyps from my womb in addition to everything else.

Busy times ahead, do keep checking in I will post sporadically (I know, so what's changed?!). Wish me luck.

9 Comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Yeah, a lot of blogging does get done at work, in fact, I only started it because I was bored at work.

Anyway, hope the break is restorative, and that all goes well with the transplant. Stay in touch Janey.

Puss

Guzzisue said...

Good to hear from you, take care and I hope all goes well with transplant. ( not allowed to blog at work have to get up early to catch up :) )

Mr Mans Wife said...

I tend to take a note pad with me when I accompany Mr Man at his table tennis matches, then type it up later. That said, I haven't blogged for ages either.

CJ, I wish you all the best for your upcoming operations. Maybe we'll hear from you while you're recovering?

MrsG said...

Keep in touch you lovely lady - good luck with the transplant... Big hugs xx

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Oh, I shall miss yu (an hav bin!) good luk wiv evrything, speshly that trarnsplarnt! Wat hopsikol will yu be goin to? Let us kno cos we mite be neer! We cood com an mayke yu smile, or send in sum choccies or flowers! Tayke care. I hope yu do pop by sum time an that my blog givs yu a giggol!

Bear hugs,

Bob, Mummy, Dilly, Grayum, Mulligan, Sam an the Windosill Bear Family.

:@}

Echomouse said...

{{Hug}} Take care of yourself and your family. I'll still be checking in but don't pressure yourself to blog. You've got more than enough on your plate.

Zoe Brain said...

Luck is Wished!

You have enough on without feeling an obligation to readers. We come here because we like your writings, and we like you. But of the two, you are by far the most important.

Fingers, toes, eyes, knees etc crossed for the transplant.

Hugs, Zoe

mrsnesbitt said...

Sending you hugs honeybunch!

Calamity Jane said...

Puss - tsk, I can see the nation's productivity levels dropping as we write :-)

Sue - early is when I normally manage to do something, sometimes though you just need that extra 15 minutes in bed!

Mrs Woman - thanks dear. I have tons of stuff filed away for future reference, just waiting for the time to type it all out.

Amy - thank you hun. Glad to hear that Wogan's on the mend.

Bob - the spy who loved me ... thank you dearheart and bear hugs to the entire entourage with a special one reserved for that hunk of a bear by the name of Sam.

Mouseie - thank you for dropping by. You could give me lessons on coping with crap.

Zoe - don't trip over with all those bits crosses. Thank you xx

Mrs Nesbitt - listen to the radio star eh, Aww thank you pet xx