Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Be careful what you wish for



How funny that recently I have been complaining about a lack of time because it would appear that fate, having a warped sense of humour, is allowing me to have a couple of months off. Why? Well, and honestly I'm not making this up to get attention or sympathy or anything like that, I need a hysterectomy.

Yup. My innocent little polyps that have been making my life a misery every month for the last few years are full of "pre-cancerous cells". If I don't have them removed prior to my kidney transplant, which is followed by immunosuppressive therapy, which oh by the way switches off the body's ability to fight cancer, could turn into full blown cancer. Apparently removng them alone is insufficient, no, I have to have my womb, my fallopian tubes and my ovaries removed too.

Oh and in case I forget, no I can't receive HRT because my problems are all hormone related. Hello brittle bones, hello prematurely wrinkly and dry skin, hello droopy boobs, hello hot flushes - goodbye sex drive and please shut the door on the way out, the ability to ever bear children ever again.

I'll be back again when I'm sober, in a more positive frame of mind and when I've run out of commas.

If I only had c-c-c-courage.

5 Comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Bloody hell. Man, that is so tough. I really feel for you, pet. But I also think you are feisty and firm and have the courage you seek.

Puss

Mr Mans Wife said...

It never rains does it?

I am so sorry Jane.

I agree with Puss though; you're made of strong stuff, and just in case you doubt that you also have your blogger friends to hold you up when needed.

I hope the op goes well. I am so thinking of you.

MrsG said...

Awww Jane!! Life does not throw at us anything we cannot deal with, or so I am told. You really must be a wonder-woman!! We're all here for you my friend...

Maz said...

Aw Jane!
(((((Hugs))))
Thinking of you.
Stay strong
maz x

Echomouse said...

Good God. One damn thing after another. I'm so sorry. But you know, I'm glad you're getting it all out. Better to be safe. Listen, I live with the symptoms of menopause already...comes with my illness. It's bearable.

I'll be thinking of you {{Hug}}