Monday, 11 February 2008

Hub cap diamond star halo

Just a brief update for those that are interested.

1. I had a new chest line inserted a week ago. It's on the left side of my chest now so at least I will have matching scars when this is all over.

2. We met the Professor of Transplant Surgery last week and despite other doctors going by my BMI alone and therefore thinking I'm built like a truck oh yeah, he having actually seen me has given the go ahead for my transplant once I'm recovered from the hysterectomy. The irony is that since I'm approved for a live donor transplant I'm also being worked up for a cadaveric transplant (just in case presumably). I'm rather annoyed because I've spent 2 years trying to get on the list and when the Capt came up trumps with the offer of a kidney because I couldn't get on the list they're finally putting me on the list. Confused? So am I.

3. I'm having my hysterectomy on Wednesday. I'll be off work for about 6 weeks (whooppee!!). I'm nursing a Lionel Blair Cut because I desperately needed a trim but couldn't find the time due to the short notice op date and having a very busy week what with more transplant tests today and dialysis tomorrow, breathe, the Capt had to trim my fringe for me. Actually it's quite cute with my longer bits at the side pinging out like wings, very retro and very Charlie's Angels. I would post a link for the Lionel Blair Cut reference but I spent ages trying to find the video to no avail, maybe later I'll find one.

Can't think of much else. I just want this week to be over. Bring it on!!

11 Comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Now the Cap'n just needs to get himself a Una Stubbs do and you can have hours of fun playing Give Us A Clue...

Puss

Jocelyn said...

And for holy Bajeesus, but what an introduction to you, this first post of yours I've read.

Guess I don't have to ask, "So, what's up lately? Any news?"

The fact that I went to yoga today seems kind of anti-climactic.

Be well, dear.

mrsnesbitt said...

Hey I was a "clipper" at the age of 17 on the men's medical ward! LOL! The "things" I saw!

Thinking about you.
Will be in touch.
Love
Dxx

MrsG said...

Thinking of you - good luck!!!

xxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jocelyn said...

Just checking in again to say I'm thinking of you.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

HUllo CJ!

My arnty had that hysterecerthingy dun. I don't understand it as it's laydeez things. But she had to do lots ov restin arfter. So I hope yu ar abol to do that, an I hope yu hav sum good carfterin Bears to keep yu cumpenny.

I like Charlie's Angels an think that if yor hair is like that it will be very pritty.

Happy Valentine's Day- sendin yu nose hugs!

:@}

Calamity Jane said...

Puss - If only he had enough hair for a Una-style pudding bowl ...

Jocelyn - thanks for visiting (twice!). I wish I could manage some yoga but the lard gets in the way.

Mrs Nesbitt - oooh that's a helluva job for a 17 year old! Eeek!!

Amy - thanks me dear.

Bob - just knowing that there's a bear who cares (that sounds like a great idea for a line of toys & cartoons - The Care Bears, hmmm) is lovely to know. But no, I have no bears locally, fear not though I do have an assortment of other friends, currently I'm being watched over by Clint the Mule.

Thanks everyone - you will see in a forthcoming post that things have not exactly gone according to plan. When I have a free moment I will update.

Dave said...

Just checking in on you. Nice to see you listed. ABOUT TIME! Aimée and I were just discussing her dialysis and you came up. 20 days was hard for her, good show on you for dealing with it so well for so long. Here's to a short time on the list and a very quick recovery to both procedures!

Echomouse said...

I don't know how I missed this. I'm so sorry for all you're going through.

Hoping you're doing okay. You're still in my thoughts daily. {Hug}

As for the haircut, several times last year I did the same. I too looked like I was stuck in the 70's :)

Calamity Jane said...

Hey Dave! Thanks for visiting. I hope Aimee's doing much better now - I really need to catch up. Love to all.

Mousie,

Thank you petal. The hair has settled down, it's fine on the day of washing but looks like so much greasy rope if I skip a day. Yeuch.