Wednesday, 27 February 2008

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of

Now I'd hate for everyone to think that my life is all doom and gloom because honestly it isn't. Sure I have some medical problems but I try very hard not to let them get me down too much. I'm like a Weeble you see, I wobble but I don't fall down. Generally after some bad news, I cry a lot, drink a lot and then the next day I say to the world "Up yours!"

A couple of weeks ago we had our meeting with The Prof, he who decides who is suitable or not for transplant surgery. The meeting went well as you all know by now. We learnt that when screening live donors the team look for matches across 6 common antigens. Normally a good donor will match on 1 or 2 of these, Captain Scarlet actually matches me on 3 which apparently is quite unusual for donors unrelated by blood. A modern day fairy tale, only my Prince Charming isn't giving me a glass slipper he's giving me a kidney!

So, not only a future happy ending but the good Capt was informed that he is in the top 20th percentile for fitness within the population of the UK. I think this pleased him more than the news that he will make me well again because when we got home, we celebrated with a couple of glasses of bubbly and no sooner had these taken effect than he was hula hooping, virtually naked, on the bed to the funky stylings of Mr Eric Prydz' Call on Me.



I only wish I could figure out how to use the video functon on my phone. Don't you ever, don't you ever, stop being dandy showing me you're handsome. XX

6 Comments:

MrsG said...

Funny, generous, AND can swing a hula-hoop!! Hang onto that one Jane - he's a treasure. :-)

Glamourpuss said...

Does he know you posted that pic? If so, that is true love.

Puss

Calamity Jane said...

Amy - I know, I KNOW! If only I could get him to like pizza and pasta it would all be perfect!

Puss - He knows ... J&T TLA

San said...

Hey Jane,

Looks like I stumbled into your blog at a celebratory time. News of a kidney on the way and an image of scantily clad guy doing something amusing in bed!

Why, oh why, did I not visit here sooner?

Mr Mans Wife said...

Now why are there no videos of men doing pelvic thrusts in thongs? I suppose this is the nearest we're gonna get girls!

Thanks Jane :D You go girl! Whoohoo!

Anonymous said...

What a fun guy!

Will Dad's eyes be burning?