Thursday, 1 January 2009

Shiny New Year

I've never been one for making resolutions in the New Year but this morning I woke up (early) feeling that I need to this time. They're all technically achievable but we're talking about me here remember.

1. I resolve to get more out of life. I will go out more. I will accept more social invitations. I will do things that I fancy doing but normally reject as waste of time/effort/money.

2. I resolve to take better care of my body. I will lose some weight and I will exercise regularly. I will eat better. I will moisturise my body more often and I will remember to wear sunblock since I'm immunosuppressed and have a high risk of developing skin cancer. I will drink less alcohol and more water - alcohol is a depressant, it's calorific, expensive and most of all it doesn't solve any of my problems (such a shame that Absolut Raspberri and K Cider taste so gooood ... not together I hasten to add).

3. I resolve to blog more often and to visit my blogpals more frequently.

4. I resolve to manage my time better. I will get to work on time and finish on time. I will tidy the house more often so that it doesn't take me a whole weekend to do leaving me more time to do things I want to do.

See? All perfectly achievable. I've even blogged already, I'm off for a snack and a well deserved drink ... of tea.

11 Comments:

Guzzisue said...

I often find its good to write it down, sort of engraves it on your memory so good luck with all your resolutions, wishing you a peaceful New Year.

i beati said...

Go for it girl .. You are especially blessed to have those chances- albeit the sadddnesses to in the last year.

This is your year to blossom again!!I can feel it ..

Glamourpuss said...

Happy New Year, lovely! Here's to a successful one.

Puss

Zoe Brain said...

May this be an Annus Mirabilis for you.

Just take it easy, Ok? You've had a lot on your plate recently. Be kind to yourself. You don't owe your friends anything other than to recuperate.

HUGS! And a Happy New Year to you both!

Zoe

San said...

Jane, I was thrilled to get a comment from you at my blog. Thank you for taking the time to visit.

You sound full of piss, vinegar, and purpose, but you're reminding me of all the things I need to accomplish this year. Happy 2009 to you!

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Hi thare! Sorry for lak ov vizits! I waz helpin carfter Mummy an Daddy cos they had a bug.

I hope yu ar ok.

I waz havin a frolik wiv the Pants ov Peece yu sent me, the uther day! I'll do anuther frolik today an deddycayte it to yu!

:@}

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Fresh nose hugs being dropped off :@}

Hope all is well.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Hullo agen I hope things are ok. Did yu get my card I sent yu? I do hope so I put a hug in the envelope. I'm havin a blog pawty this weekend to sellybrayte 500 posts, if yu ar up to it, do pop by, an I will sayve yu sum appol muffins an ginger beer :@)

Zoe Brain said...

Incoming Random Hug!

San said...

Jane, I LOVED your recent visit to my blog. Thank you for that.

I hope to see your meme shortly. I's a fun one and I know you will do something wicked with it.

Zoe Brain said...

You OK?
A Present :
Captain Scarlet In Love