Sunday, 28 October 2007

The pride goes before a fall

Earlier this week I actually started to feel more human than I have done of late. My hormones were levelling out at last not to mention not actually being on the rag for a change meant my usual joie de vivre was restored. I'll be the first to admit that I've let myself go over the last few years, failing health, those cursed hormones, stress and anxiety have conspired to erode my self-esteem and often as long as I'm clean, pressed and sober I count my blessings and head off for work.

But not this week, I felt so good about myself for a change I showered, conditioned, exfoliated, moisturised, blow dried, perfumed and dressed for work feeling pretty chipper. I even wore a little make-up - usually I just apply some bronzer to take away the deathly pallor and curl my naturally luscious eyelashes but this time I wore a little more than normal.

Dressed in a slinky tee shirt, trousers and boots that between them add 2 inches in height and remove 10 lbs in weight I was eager to meet the world face-on. The finishing touch was a cute little fake fur gilet that I bought recently that I was wearing for the first time and I love it (since I do possess the Bet Lynch gene, I enjoy a bit of fake fur and animal print when used in tasteful moderation of course - remind me to show you the chairs in my study). I felt like The Cat. Yeooowwww!

So, I arrived at work and fairly strutted around all the offices greeting everyone and finally I slunk sexily into my friend's office. She whistled and made me twirl like Anthea. I dutifully obliged. She said what's that on the back? Fearing that it might be a spider I froze while she came over to investigate. It wasn't a spider, it was the bloody security tag that the shop assistant didn't remove when I purchased the gilet! I'd gone all around the offices completely oblivious to that tag looking like a shoplifter, and my lovely gilet spent the rest of the day hidden from view. Pffft.

11 Comments:

MrsG said...

It's great to hear you're feeling better!!
My bridesmaid dresses turned up with security tags on them (mailed from the only Monsoon in the US - Boston). Because they were the last ones I wasn't about to return them... Those tags come off with pliers and a LOT of care....

Zoe Brain said...

You Go Girl!

Really good to hear that you're feeling better about yourself. Given how good you looked with Captain Scarlet in that fancy-dress the other week, I bet you looked at least 500,000 stirling, or a million dollars.

Maybe you can give me some tips one day...

Calamity Jane said...

Amy - holy heck, I would have had a cow if that had happened to me. Some of those security tags have ink in them!

Zoe - you're too kind, I looked like death warmed up dressed as Wonder Woman that day. We should go to a spa one day - just get on a plane and we'll have a blogmeet!

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Oooo! OOoooo! Oooooo!!!! Thank yu SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fer all the pressies!!!!!!!!! WOW! Yor so luvley to send so menny grayte things- an it wassont eevn my berfday!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!! Wa-heyyyyyy!!!!!!!

NOSE HUGS!!!!!

:@D

Anonymous said...

Hi CJ!
I just had to come over to visit the wonderfully nice person who sent Bob all those presents.
And I was awarded with a good chuckle by your "tag" post.

DILLY said...

Thank cu for wagon shert, Clamty Jayne!
¬"

mrsnesbitt said...

Hi Calamity jane, just came here via Bob's blog same reason as Chewy! What a lovely jesture to send the parcel to Bob. With all this stuff going on in your life, to find the time to share an act of kindness is indeed a heart warming thing to do.

I am having a competition over on my blog, I do hope you will find time to have a look.

Have a nice day.
Denise
x

MrsG said...

Yeah, mine had ink in them. I was desperate but it worked!! Needlenose pliers are a very very handy tool...

Guzzisue said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog- spent most of saturday in town wondering what the strange sound was as i walked round, looked down a found a bright green card attached to my shoe stating 2 for £1!! unfortunately I was at my front door before I realised:)

Guzzisue said...

Hi, can you email me at the add on my profile about the itsy bitsy bag:)

Rachelle said...

Hey, at least you looked FABULOUS while strutting with the device!
:))

My hysterectomy was the best thing to happen to me in years, I had it this April, and it is marvelous to be free of that, let me tell you.
See ya!
Slainte~
Rachelle