Tuesday, 26 September 2006

Campari Moment

I'm finding it difficult to post everyday mainly due to the time factor. Divide 24 hours between dialysis, full-time employment, a relationship to maintain, a house to run, the blogosphere to patrol, sleep, etc., and you don’t get much change. Then of course you actually need something interesting to write about, most things at work are covered by the Official Secrets Act, I have very little interest in politics so I’m left with the minutiae of my life. Ho hum. You can always change channels.

We went to Whipsnade Wild Animal Park on Sunday. It was a nice day out although I was expecting it to be crammed with animals due to it being one of the more famous zoos, but the animals seemed to be few and far between. Some people are awfully sniffy about animals being kept in captivity but I don’t have issues with it as long as they have space and are well cared for. Let’s face it most of the animals have been born in captivity and would be poorly equipped to deal with life on the lam, and if it means saving one more species from extinction it can only be a good thing, right?

The highlights of the visit were seeing the birds of prey demo, watching the macaws in flight (they were so breathtakingly beautiful in the air that it brought tears to my eyes) and standing at the edge of the chalky downs and looking out over the Vale of Aylesbury. Living in flat Suffolk one seldom gets the chance to see for miles and it was fantastic to see the fields laid out below and gliders overhead (but maybe not so fantastic to see all the planes flying from Luton Airport – oooh eee oooh).

0 Comments: