Monday, 22 January 2007

Borborygmi 'n' blues

It has been my experience that following any surgery there follows a period of depression. I'm on that slippery slope now, I'm feeling bored and miserable. Physically I feel much better than I did last week but I'm still not able to use my right hand properly yet. I'm looking forward to a proper meal, not only am I unable to cook but I have difficulty managing cutlery, to which the sofa if it could talk would attest, so I've been eating a lot of sandwiches. Bleh.

You may be wondering about the borborygmi, cool word isn't it? I think it's a word that Word Imp over at Word Imperfect might be interested in. It's quite onomatopoeic too. In my belly right now it sounds like there's a giant in there yelling :

Boooooorrrrrboooorrrrryyyyygggggmmuuuuuusssssss!!!!!!

That's right - things have started working again. I've had many weeks where there has been no tangible activity, not even a bottom burp, other than the occasional diamond studded rabbit pellet.

Unh huh, thank you very much.

5 Comments:

Shaz said...

I know one mustn't scoff at someone elses misfortune but this post has had me rolling on the floor. I do sympathise having had a hand op last year. I suggest you divulge in chip shop chips, pizza, lots of nice cheese & crackers (pre-chopped before the Captain leaves in the mornings)and anything else one would usually manage at a party whilst holding a glass!

Hope you're feeling betta soon x x

Shaz said...

PS what was the answer to the link "Dancing in stilletoes in the snow?" I never got that mince pie that I nearly won by a cat's whisker?????

Calamity Jane said...

'Ere no laughing, this isn't supposed be a humorous blog ya know.

Ooooh, cheese nahhhh, the Cap'n doesn't do cheese. He makes a great vodka, lime & tonic though. Whoopeee!!!

OK the tedious link to Dancing in Stilettos in the Snow is Marillion. It's a line from Kayleigh. .. I was at a ceilidh .... Kayleigh, geddit?

Shaz said...

Ahhh, a sad gin & tin song!

Zoe Brain said...

After my recent surgery, I'm still getting the hormone balance correct, so that complicates matters.
But electricity and plumbing both work without a problem (and neither could be guaranteed) so I'm lucky. No colostomy for me, thank goodness.

I prescribe Chocolate in industrial strength quantities. Perhaps a chocolate cake made with crushed hazelnut flour, as an indulgence.

You deserve it, after all.