Thursday, 12 April 2007

Jane's addiction

I'm on a high. There's white powder everywhere - all over my trousers, all over the laptop. There was a hole in the bottom of the packet. I'm going to go over everything with a clean bag in the vacuum cleaner to retrieve what I've lost.

Later though, I need to delay the gratification for a while otherwise I'll be wanting my fixes more often.

They've started selling it in Budgen's in the next town over. Tesco despite their desire to rule the world haven't yet figured out how lucrative the local market can be.

The cashier looked askance at me when I paid for my precious - 5 packets all in one go. I found myself having to justify myself to her, "It's for the kids" I stuttered, "it's half-term" - she nodded knowingly, thinking "Suuure, it's for the kids".

I haven't got any kids.

That was 3 days ago and I've just had my last pack. I've broken out in a sweat just thinking about not having any. I don't know what I will do, it's ages until we go over there again!

I'm going mad! I know I shouldn't be having the stuff but I can't help myself. The yellow tubes, the licorice straw, the white fizzy yumminess of Bassett's Sherbet Fountains just keeps calling my name "... Jane ... Jane ... Jane"

7 Comments:

Mr Mans Wife said...

Tut tut tut, you naughty girl. Still, it's much less fattening than what I've been addicted to lately...

Shaz said...

OOOO dib-dabs . . .I love dib-dabs x x

Glamourpuss said...

My poison was always BlackJacks - the resultant black tongue just added to the pleasure.

Puss

Zoe Brain said...

The version here comes in plastic rather than paper tubes, and is difficult to get.
The manufacturer is in Wagga Wagga, some 300km away.
It's fortunate we have relatives there, to use as an excuse for picking up a box or two (24 to a box).

Calamity Jane said...

Mrs Woman: I prithee, do tell ...

Shaz: Yup those too, anything sherbety will do.

Puss: Black Jack tongue - do they tip extra for that?

Zoe: Wagga Wagga - hee hee. And 24 to a box, that's some serious blow. Or is it suck?

I've always had a thing about sherbet. You know in the those cop movies where they find a bag of some mysterious white powder - I would watch enviously as they dip their finger in to taste it, in my imagination it was always sherbet! When I was pregnant my craving was for Andrew's Liver Salts taken dry off a spoon - I still have to treat myself to some every now and then. At least I'm regular :-)

Calamity Jane said...

I think I asked for that, didn't I?

Mr Mans Wife said...

Lol

*clears throat* Anyway, as we were saying about SWEETS...

I'm joining you on the sweeties Jane to try to knock my other addictions on the head - although I did eat 3 Cinnamon Swirls last night. (Oops)

Previously I was eating at least 150g of chocolate every night, but now I've switched to Fruit Pastilles and Parma Violets. I've been clean all week!