I now have an official fluid restriction of 800 mls (or just over a pint and a half) per day because quite frankly I don't pee very much these days. This allowance includes drinks and fluid found in foods such as fruit, rice, pasta, yoghurt, etc. A bit stingy isn't it and needless to say almost impossible to stick to whilst maintaining some kind of quality of life, so I tend to aim for it but overshoot by about 50%.
One of the tricks I have found useful is to use smaller cups and glasses - sounds obvious but psychologically a full small cup is more satisfying that half a large cup - not to mention more accurate. So to that end I have commenced a quest for dinky cups that hold no more than 150 mls, preferably less.
I have some glasses that are 100 ml or to put it into some kind of perspective, 20 teaspoons full. I've had them for years and countless times they been on the verge of being chucked out but saved such ignominy due to the fact that they were given to me by my Granny which curiously enough is also the reason for them potentially being thrown out in the first place. Hmmm, my life is full of such conundrums (or is that conundra?).
Another little trick I discovered is to suck ice chips. Not being in possession of an ice-chip maker I armed myself with an icecube tray and a hammer at work and if I'm feeling thirsty I will pop out a couple of ice cubes, smash them to pieces and scoop them into one of said tiny glasses just to ensure that I'm not having too much. Sucking 100 mls of ice is almost as satisfyig as chugging 500 mls of water. Almost.
On a related note I have lost 3 kgs or almost half a stone. I've given up that dratted Xenical so it's all down to me not some stupid drug that gives you diahorrea. I'm so frustrated because I'm losing weight from my boobs, ribs and waist but not my hips or thighs. My trousers droop down over my hips but I can't get into a smaller size yet.
Oh yes size matters, on so many levels it matters.
Thursday, 12 April 2007
Size matters
at 8:15 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 Comments:
3Kg? Congrats!
And if you can't skite in your own blog, where can you skite?
Seriously, I know how much a lower BMI means to you - please take as much encouragement as I can give. And think of the future possibilities.
Now I have to do some weight loss of my own. I could do with more on the hips and buttocks, but less on the waist and ribs - you must tell me your secret! Sherbert Dabs?
Thanks Zoe. There's no secret I'm afraid, just eat less. Do they have Slimming World in Oz? Their diets are pretty effective and you get to eat lots of good stuff but I couldn't use them because of all my problems. I think they do them online.
I have an appointment at the transplant clinic in June for an assessment. Fingers crossed.
Oh and 'skite'? Strewth sheila! I had to look that one up! ;-)
Well doen hun, & good luck for June. We're all behind ya, apart from Goth who has to stand in front to you can see what he's up to . . .lol
I resemble that remark !!!
Stick with it CJ - It's least it's moving so you have to take encouragement from that. I shall start weaving spells for June for you.
I thought Goth had to stand in front so I could pinch his bum ...?
Funny how prohibition just increases desire. Poor you. Buy yourself one of those new pretty smock things - if you have boobs they look terrible, if you're slim on top, they look fantastic!
Puss
please go vote for Fran's egg at http://egghunters.blogspot.com/
Oh my goodness, a pint and a half? Keep sucking those ice cubes Jane!
Well done on losing that half a stone! I know I haven't kept in touch about the weight thing... there's a reason for that - I haven't been losing any! Don't worry about it coming off your boobs first, the rest will catch up later!
Oh and I'll be thinking of you in June.
Hey babe, you stick with your plan and you can pinch my bum and I get to stroke your boobs (after I've asked Mariposas permission of course)
Oooo 'eck, Sir Goth! Only one man is allowed near my boobs I'm afraid ... but thanks for the thought :-)
Post a Comment