Friday, 4 May 2007

Ground rules

I wish to apologise to my faithful band of readers who log in daily to see what I've written only to discover that I haven't written a bloody thing. Sorry.

I have a life that precludes regular dispatches on the old blogarama thing. In fact I have gone to such lengths as to draw up a plan for every waking hour to assist with the management of said busy, but ultimately dull life. Unfortunately I drew up this plan in winter and the slot I reserved for blogging fell between 5.50 pm and 6.30 pm which now the weather has been brilliant and the evenings longer, I have pinched for gardening.

I feel most at peace with myself when I'm pottering around in the garden. That's not to say that I have a great garden because I don't. Actually it's like a bomb site at the moment because Captain Scarlet has ripped out his old wooden workshop with my greenhouse attached and is in the process of digging the footings for a new improved brick workshop and brick-base greenhouse.

But I digress. Gardens, plants, wildlife - I love it out there. I'm actually considering starting a Royal Horticultural Society course in Garden Design and then I will work towards a Diploma in Horticulture.

Now I just need to work that into the schedule somehow, something's gotta give - will it be the exercise slot or the weekend blogging spot ... hmmm, tough choice.

9 Comments:

Glamourpuss said...

You could just blog at work like everyone else...

Puss

Mr Mans Wife said...

Now there's an idea! Or you could do what I do and neglect your husband, friends and family, the house work, the garden, your own appearance, and anything else that takes you away from blogging anytime you get the urge!

Calamity Jane said...

Ah Puss, forsooth if it were that easy my output would be as prolific as Shakespeare's, but you see everyone else doesn't work for the MOD/USAF who are a little touchy about surfing the net. There's a threat from malicious logic amongst other terrors. I risk a quick peep to look at stats & comments every now and then but that's all I dare do, if I got caught by the sniffer it would almost certainly result in me being dooced in short order.

Mrs Woman - many things have fallen by the wayside since I became a blogophile believe you me.

Shaz said...

I opted out of sitting in front of the mindless TV to fit my mindless bloggin' in! But tell me more about a brick based green house, I'm green with envy. Pics of construction plz x x x

Sonnjea said...

You could give up sleeping...

Calamity Jane said...

Sonnjea - true but I'd rather give up exercise.

Shaz - something will be posted this weekend.

SpanishGoth said...

No apologies required my dear. Enjoy the weather whilst it's good - I believe the americans have ordered some shit weather - or there's tornados coming in or something

*runs off sniggering*

Shaz said...

Put down those potting tools you've been Tagged (again!) x x

Drama Queen said...

You blog, your rules. We'll be here either way. . .