What is it with daytime TV? Do the producers assume that people who watch TV during the day are brain dead? Jerry Springer? Jeremy Kyle? Maury Povich? I'm stuck at home feeling unable to lift anything heavier than a remote control and you give me show after show about girls who are trying to figure out who actually fathered their children. This last one had 9 men tested but not one of them was the Daddy. 9!! Don't these people have any self-respect? Why air your fishy laundry on national television?
Is it that these shows and the low lifes on them are supposed to make us feel better about our miserable lives stuck at home in front of the telly? I demand to know what happened to A Country Practice, Take The High Road and Crown Court? Quality Shirl, quality.
Thursday, 22 November 2007
Land of soap and Maury
at 6:45 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 Comments:
I find that a good dose of Doc Martin rights many wrongs in life...
Heartbeat on Sunday..........Winter is definately here! LOL!
CJ, they don't expect a quality bird to be sitting at home watching the TV do they? The people who usually watch this trash are the people who can't be bothered to earn a living and whose lives are in the same state as those on the show.
The nastiest thing about the 9 men tested is not that she's obviously had more than 9 lovers, but that she must have had them all within a short period of time for her to be confused about which one is the father!
I just went from your blog to the BBC news website to catch up on the daily headlines, and I came across this.
After reading your post about the 9 men tested for paternity I had to laugh when I read in this news item “sexually active adults should be screened for chlamydia annually and after a partner change”
The director of the HPA’s centre for infections is quoted as saying “We need to change attitudes towards condom use. It should be clunk clip every trip”
How about “Stop sleeping around you dirty slappers”?
Yup. An intrestin hobby, if that's all that's on, is tryin to cownt the teeth ov the peepol involvd. On Triahs it can take abowt 8 peepol befor yu get a whole set.
:@D
oops I ment Trisha. I'm oviosly the type that the show is aimed at, I carnt even spell Trisha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Take the High Road? Blimey, that takes me back. I remember being subjected to Sons & Daughters as well.
Puss
*gasp!* Glamourpuss don't! I can hear the theme tune in my head now!
Bob, I've always said that it's no coincidence that you only have to swap two letters in Trisha to get Trashi.
Gosh, I remember Take the High road too!
What happened to Gentle T.V. We 'aint all red-necks out here in T.V. land you know!
I must admit, I tend to avoid daytime telly at the best of times, although UK History is repeating 'Secret Army' at the minute and I must say it's pretty darned good!!
maz x
Post a Comment