Captain Scarlet, along with several nurses, perhaps a doctor and at least one patient are all taking part in a sponsored bike ride in a couple of weeks to raise funds for the dialysis unit. I would have a go myself but what with being only 2 weeks post-hysterectomy by then and it being 15 miles through the rough terrain of some Suffolk woodland it doesn't really seem like a good idea. I'll be cheering them on from the relative comfort of a parked car and hopefully I'll be up to turning a few sausages for an apres-bike barbecue.
The money raised will be used by Addenbrooke's Kidney Patients Association to fund all manner of quality of life projects for dialysis patients and their families.
So here comes the shameless begging part. If you would like to sponsor the good Cap'n , click on the button below or over in the sidebar and fork over as much moolah as you can spare. Also, I would be most grateful if you could link back to me from your blogs (or if you would like to add the button to your sidebar, please email me on the address in my sidebar - this post edited to remove the uncoded address due the fact that I'm being spammed left, right & centre).
In the interests of transparency I want you to know that initially the money will be coming direct to my account but I pledge that it will all go to AKPA. I was going to register with Justgiving.com but AKPA themselves have to open an account and I'm not sure they are going to do that (it does actually cost the charity a monthly fee plus fees are taken out of every transaction) so doing it via PayPal seemed like the next best thing. This way I can spread the word far and wide and reach people who I can't reach with a good old-fashioned sponsor form. In about a month's time I will write AKPA a nice fat cheque and Gift Aid it which should give them 28% more than the value of the cheque.
Please help me to raise a bundle of money for a worthy cause.
Thank you!!
*And boys**
**Although hardly any of them actually have a fat bottom, they're all supremely fit because they're medical professionals (snerk)

4 Comments:
You providing sausages? Now THAT'S a good day all around, I'd say!
They do make the rockin' world go round!
If you send me the stuff I'll put a linky-link in my sidebar...
Sausage preparation is vital, I always find.
Puss
Jocelyn - I'll do anything for a nice sausage
Amy - too right! You should have the code by now.
Puss - you're right as always, a firm tasty sausage is essential to happiness.
Post a Comment