Sunday, 30 March 2008

Growing old disgracefully

They say 40 is the new 30 and certainly in my head I'm 25, 28 tops. Unfortunately the rest of me says I'm 40 going on 75, these old dears have more energy and moves than I do today. I'm off to try and shake my ample booty to my new Davina workout DVD. Creak to you later.

8 Comments:

Glamourpuss said...

What a shame they felt obliged to put a group of inanely-grinning young 'uns in the video.

Happy exercising.

Puss

Calamity Jane said...

Puss:

I thought the same thing.

It's a sobering thought to think that the ladies singing "I Will Survive" must be in their 70's and when that song was in the charts they must have been the same age as me now or younger. Will I be crooning Rhianna songs to an easy listening beat when I'm 70 I wonder? It always cracks me up when I hear Ken Bruce on Radio 2 playing The Clash - what, the anti-establishment songs from my rebellious youth are now part of the establishment now? You know you're getting old when ...

mrsnesbitt said...

Ah! growing old eh? Hmmmmm well I have been creaking lately but must say the motorbike keeps us young! Sometimes we sww slim fit riders.or so we think! Then we see it takes them ages to get off the bike......cos they are much older. Wondeful invention the dark visor! LOL!
We have a saying for some of the sights we see."The things you see when you haven't got your gun!" LOL!

Echomouse said...

Creak to you later....lolol That was cute :)

If it helps, I'm in the same boat in terms of feeling old. That video was a nice touch :)

San said...

Jane, you are always hilarious! 40. Been there. Done that. 50. Been there. Done that. 55. Headed there.

Revelation: I was going through a chest of memory stuff and found a card announcing at art exhibition at an art college. It was from 1983 and had all of these young artists standing around in what still looked to me like really hip, urban clothing. My teenage daughter looked over my shoulder. "Wow, that is so EIGHTIES," she said. I felt at least 100.

Mrs Mac said...

I'm 40 but in my head I'm 25ish. But my arthritis has been so bad these last 2 months or so I don't think I could keep up with the ones in that video! LOL! Not sure how I'm going to do my 5km run next month (for Cancer Research). I shall walk it, I think, and have Bob and his Daddy placed half way with tea and snacks. LOL (DIlly is running it with me!)

Jocelyn said...

I agree with Puss (when do I not?): the geezers are plenty cool on their own!

I'm glad you're up to exercising. Say, if any of your creaky body parts ever need a conversation, they can call up my protesting knees.

Cath said...

Wow that is brilliant. Good on 'em.

Shouldn't have any young 'uns in though. The oldies steal the show, and that will be me. When I grow old I will wear purple red and orange!

Oh, hold on . I do that now. So I'm old! lol [But alive!]