Hands up everyone who remembers Space Hoppers! My Space Hopper was my favourite toy when I was a kid. I spent many happy hours bouncing round the garden pretending that I was riding Black Beauty or Champion The Wonderhorse. I have a picture somewhere of me sitting on it in an extraordinarily short dress with my own coltish legs on display (God, how I wish I still had those legs).
I don't know what happened to the original but I am now, at the tender age of 39, the proud owner of another Space Hopper courtesy of Hawkin's Bazaar. It's not as big or as sturdy as I recall and I'm a little concerned that it might burst under my not inconsiderable weight, but all the same I spent the evening bouncing round my living room like a complete maniac. It was truly liberating and I can heartily recommend it as a supreme method of stress relief.
Oh yeah it's best to wear a pair of Tigger ears for full effect. Bounce, bounce, bounce!
Tuesday, 7 November 2006
Big Bang Theory
at 7:11 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
Aww, thanks for the comment. We are totally settling in -- just waiting for everyone NOT to have a cold! We miss you too. I've decided that everyone we love has to just come to Hawaii and live here with us when we win 18 bazillion dollars. Seriously! OH! Are you on MySPace???? Love you Jane -- keep being awesome!
Post a Comment