Wednesday, 15 November 2006

Frozen Cherryrita

I like a little tipple, me, so when I discovered a new item in Tesco's alchie alley called Sourz Cherry and what with it being a. cherry flavour, b. sour and c. ahem alcoholic I just had to try it.

YUM!!!

Neat it's quite nice, a little syrupy, maybe a bit like cough medicine. I also mixed with some diet tonic and it made a lovely drink.

Considering it's only 15% alcohol I got tipsy quite quickly (it happens with kidney disease, I've always been a lightweight when it comes to how much I can take but it's worse since I started dialysis) and I couldn't finish the second (or maybe the third? hic) drink that I made up last night so I decided to freeze it.

Tonight I retrieved it from the freezer and found that it wasn't quite frozen solid and with a little help from a fork I managed to break it up in to fairly slushy crystals. Now that's good stuff - very refreshing and fun to eat/drink - a kind of cross between a granita and a frozen Margarita.

Apparently also available in Pineapple (can't wait to try that one) or Apple (meh).

0 Comments: