Tuesday, 7 November 2006

Moonstruck

For as long as I can remember I have been fascinated by the Moon. If I ever get my finger out and write this novel that I've been mooning over for years, it will probably be set on the Moon.

At the top of my Christmas list every year for the last umpteen years has been "Moon Globe". So far I have received an array of Earth globes in styles ranging from antique schoolroom (which is intriguing to pore over and look at how the country names and boundaries have changed) to inlaid with semi-precious stones. I even have a globe with the constellations on it. But alas, no Moon Globe. I know they exist, people just aren't looking hard enough.

For instance, last night as we were driving home from a day out at about 5pm, the sky over my home was a beautiful dusky lavender and set into this sky was one of the largest full moons I have ever seen. It was stunning, golden yellow and looked as though it was illuminated from within. The man in the Moon was perfectly visible too. It wasn't just a disc in the sky, it was 3 dimensional, you could tell it was a globe.

That's not too much to ask for is it?

0 Comments: