
How things change. I just received the rejection notification for the job I applied for a couple of weeks ago - Freelance Features Writer for the local paper - by email. Surprisingly I'm not dejected by it, I'm rather amused ... email hah! I last applied for a different job at the turn of the last century when they send the thanks, but no thanks letters through the post. So quaint!
Monday, 19 February 2007
Brave New World
at 2:26 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 Comments:
There loss hun, not yours . . . keep looking & chase that dream
At least they sent you a rejection. I've been applying for jobs here and there, and most don't even have the courtesy to say "Thanks, but no thanks" - even by email. Seriously, how much time does that take??
The good thing about doing what I do is that agencies do all the running around for me.
The bad news is 99% of agents are full of shit and so occassionally I get interviews where the first thing I have to say is "Stop" - what you are after is not me. Bye.
As Shaz said - their loss not yours.......tossers
Cj . . .adsence are advertising quit smoking sites on the bottom right of my side bar if that helps!
Starts a petition to bring back the "Cruella" picture. Please Sign below:
Not related to this post, but just wanted to answer your question about how I know who's visiting my site.
It's a freebie - sitemeter - if you scroll down to the bottom of my site you'll see a little square multi-coloured box. Click on it and it'll take you there. Just sign up for a free account, put the little box anywhere on your site, and voila!
It will show you who visits and from where. How much time they spend at your site, what they click, etc. It's not completely exact as it shows me as living about 10 hours from where I do, but close enough!
Over time I've figured out my relatives IP addresses, so I know when they're around :-)
Hope that helps!
I just got an agency phone me after hearing about my news. Anyway, they wanted to meet me about a job with Cillit Bang. Yes you heard me Cillit Bang.
Its nice to be head hunted but I take that as an insult.
(Sorry to anyone reading who works for said cleaning products company).
Sure there's another fab paper just around the corner for you and hopefully something more than cleaning products for me. . .
Thanks for the good wishes & support guys. The thing is I'm not actually that disappointed because I knew I didn't stand a chance of getting the job - they wanted a qualified journalist, I am merely a qualified secretary with a few other things thrown in for good measure. I've never had any ambitions of being a journalist. The thing that appealed to me about the job apart from writing to my heart's content was that it was part time. My husband convinced me to apply so I thought what the heck.
DQ - Don't you mean Cillit BAAAAANG!!! Do you get to work with Barry Scott? Can you get me his autograph? Will he be cleaning all your pennies?
Shaz - Cruella's out huntin' puppies, CJ's holding the fort for now.
Kai - thanks I'll try that. Always wondered who's peeping through the windows without knocking on the door.
I ain't peepin' thru any windahs ma'am - I wuz just a lookin
Post a Comment