My doctor wonders why I always resist having new drugs added to my collection. He thinks it's because I believe my body is a temple, frankly it's because I lack the kitchen space. I have a whole kitchen drawer given over to storing the blessed things, that's not to mention the drawer next my bed for the nighttime drugs or the salad drawer in the fridge full of stuff that requires refrigeration.Every morning whilst assembling my assortment of medical miracles I have a scene from The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert go through my head. It's the one where Bernadette and Mitzy are sitting having breakfast at a picnic table in the middle of the Australian outback. Something of a surreal scene anyway but then you see what's in Bernadette's bowl - it's full of pills and she's coyly downing them one by one.
Finally it has happened to me ...
Monday, 19 February 2007
Shake, rattle 'n' roll
at 9:00 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
What's the cigar case at the top of the picture for? - Got you smoking as well as dropping pills?
My grandparents used to take lots of medication and they considered a competition - who could have the most pills per day lined up - bless em
That's an insulin pen. It's a portable, discreet way of shooting up in public.
My parents only ever talk about their medical visits and they grill me about mine whenever I go and see them. We go cover the same ground every time so it gets rather tedious - bless em too
I'm gonna call you "Cj, Queen of the Blog sphere". If it makes you well keep it up x x x
Let's see... 2 x 2mg Oestrodiol Valerate, 1 x 20mg Rosuvastatin, 1 x 15mg Meloxicam, 1 x 500mg Paracetamol, 1 x 50mg Tramadol hydrochloride, 1 x 50mg Cyproterone Acetate...
2 years ago I took 1/4 aspirin every 2 days, that was it. Hopefully when thing have steadied down in 6 momths or so, the oestrodiol valerate and Rosuvastatin is all I'll need.
Given that exactly zero clinical trials have been done to determine the interactions of all these drugs, the fewer the better.
I hope that at some stage your life will become healthier and simpler too.
Post a Comment