He arrived in a blinding ball of light, naked and beautiful. He turned and saw me open mouthed in astonishment, he strode down the hall towards me giving me the chance to admire him in his birthday suit which was tailored to perfection, hugging his every curve and muscle.
“Come with me if you want to live in a home free of dust mites and fleas burrowing into your carpets” he said
“Oh you’ve come to fit the new floor in the cloakroom?” I gasped
“Affirmative”
He is The Laminator
He was bad to the bone “Er, you might want to put some pants on unless you want your John Connor getting caught in the snap ‘n’ click joints” I said helpfully, half hoping that he would stay just as he was. He thought that over for a moment and said ominously “I’ll be back”.
A few moments later he returned carrying his arsenal of Homebase antiqued oak laminate boards. He looked so dangerous in his leather trousers and his black Ray Bans and dangerous he was as he blundered about in the windowless room whilst wearing sunglasses.
“Stick around” he grinned at me. “Wrong movie" I replied, "but OK I’ll just go and put the kettle on shall I?”
I barricaded myself in the kitchen and hunkered down at the kitchen table with my Cyberdyne laptop and a mug of PG Tips – I wanted to run a virus scan, my Skynet ISP was letting through far too much malicious logic for my liking.
In the next room I could hear a colossal battle going on as The Laminator fought with corners and pedestals and pipes, the rise and fall of the machines’ motors as they clashed with medium density fibreboard.
Eventually there was silence then a dusty figure burst through door, it was done, the Laminator had once more prevailed. He smiled a toothy grin and gave me a thumbs up as he retreated back down the hall “Hasta la vista, baby”
Wednesday, 7 February 2007
The Laminator
at 1:56 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 Comments:
Cool - no carpet burns at your place then. Can do that running around with shirt over your head and then slide on your knees whilst shouting "scored!" without a worry in the world.
Not that there's any other way to get carpet burns *winks and exits*
Oh I often have a shirt over my head ... but it has nothing to do with THAT kind of scoring :-)
OMG, does Ctp Scarlet know about all this?? Or have you just had a bump to the head & really Mr laminator was a greasy, over weight baldy!
I'm only jealous . . . I had to sand my own floor boards. No carpet burns here either but plenty of splinters!
LOL Captain Scarlet is The Laminator, silly!
You better make sure he keeps the polish up on that new flooring!
lol . . . silly me!
Wohoo, lots of sliding about for you!! You can buy special slippers that let you polish as you walk but I'm not going to be sad enough to link them (OK, I'll go find them now).
Anyway, missed your post yesterday because I was home alone and snowed in. What is it with the bloody weather??
She was Soooo NOT snowed in. Not unless she lives in an alternative reality Belgium. She just didn't want to get her tush cold ;-)
Interesting image with the shirt though *tips hat forward to avoid getting an eyeful*
Post a Comment