As I hinted yesterday, I went back to work this week. I don't know why I bothered really because apart from a couple of hundred emails of the look, raise your eyebrows in disbelief and delete variety, I had nothing to do all day.
You see the Captain, in my absence, is homesteading. For those unfamilar with the term it essentially means that she's trying to takeover. I now have half as much to do as I had before she joined us.
I'm fairly sure she thinks she's doing me a favour but she is not. I had all my programs running smoothly, I knew percisely where every document was, my tracking records were immaculate. Now I'm sharing my tracker with her and my information has holes in it. It's all gone to heck in a handbasket. Blimey I'm talking like her now. I even said at the KFC tonight, "I'll have that to go please" rather than saying "takeaway". Puhlease!!!
I'm very unhappy working on the base, apart from the boredom, the prospects and the diabolical pay I feel quite vulnerable in today's political climate and I've developed a pressing need to put some distance between myself and George Dubbya's band of merrie men
So what to do? It's time for me to spread my wings and follow my dreams. I'm considering applying for another job away from the base, away from the MOD. It would take a minor miracle for me to actually get it but Captain Marvel (who by the way is unhappy with his moniker and henceforth wishes to be referred to as Captain Scarlet) believes in me so it's time I started believing in myself.
Tuesday, 6 February 2007
The pursuit of happiness
at 9:12 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Comments:
Here, Here Cpt Scarlet . . we believe too x
Shush woman - you'll make me cry.
PS ... thanks xx
I agree with Shaz, we all believe in you so start your manta now:
"I believe I can, I believe I can. . ."
You know what Jane, YOu can kick any butt that needs kicked so mabye you should kick the Capt and then run for the door! If they don't love you like they should, leave them crying in your wake!
One of G. Dubbya's un merrie men!
Miracles happen sometimes.
Fingers duly crossed.
Post a Comment