Tuesday, 27 February 2007

The importance of being Kipling

A handbag (a hyandbag??) is a girl's best friend. I personally favour Kipling bags, they're not to everyone's taste I know, some of them can be downright ugly and I do find the stuffed monkey keyrings somewhat annoying but mostly they suit me and my requirements. They're rugged, roomy and not at all poncey like some designer bags and the fact that mine, black to suit my normal mood, is called Morrisey is a bonus.

I did a quick inventory today and this is what I came up with:

2 pens - you can never find a pen when you need one
1 pencil - in case the pens run out
2 pad of Post It notes - a must. A folded note also doubles as dental floss but those paper cuts are a bitch
1 RAF ID card
1 USAF ID card - see if you can figure that one out
1 mobile phone - which never rings, perhaps I should give the number here 09052 302301. Call me!
1 purse - absolutely crammed with moolah (NOT!)
3 surgical dressings
1 tape measure - in case I need to take any inside leg measurements
1 comb - so I can tidy up before offering the above service
1 lipgloss - ditto
1 perfume atomiser - sigh, ditto, I think it has Prada inside but I've rinsed and refilled it so often with different scents that it's taken on its own unique fragrance, Essence of Pussmuk as my Dad would say.
1 tourniquet - extremely useful object, perhaps I should do a 101-things-you-can-do-with-a-tourniquet post
1 pair of binoculars - handy for when something interesting passes the office window, the last cool sighting was an An-124 in this 'ere livery.
1 pair of ear plugs (see above)
1 USB 1Gb flash drive - floppy is such a bad look
1 Red Dwarf novel - I hate being caught with smeg-all to read when I'm waiting for something or someone
1 small drum of toxic waste - yup, you read that right, toxic waste. You can buy it at Woollies, I'm not sharing mine with anyone

So what's in yours?

12 Comments:

Shaz said...

OMG! Your the only "adult" I know that eats Toxic Waste. My kids give it to over fourteens just for the shock reaction. I know I was one of them!!

As for the handbag audit I think we should all do one on our blogs . . . . go tag people with it.

It might take me some time . . . can I have 24 hrs plz?

Calamity Jane said...

Ahahaha "adult" - gee thanks. I love sour stuff and believe it or not these aren't sour enough for me! I need them to be sour all the way through.

I have no clue how to tag anyone. Consider yourself tagged - take all the time you need.

SpanishGoth said...

Whats in mine? Piss all as I don't have one. I am not french - 'I am not a Frog' day every day ;-)

Shaz said...

Ok, your on . . .will probably be the weekend but I accept the tag! Be warned, on your head be it!

Drama Queen said...

Mainly credit card statements that I am hiding from BF.

Drama Queen said...

Goth made me do this. . .

(this is his words - see my comments from todays post)

Now I can't do the bag-tag that's going around at the moment (contents of my handbag being fuck all) so I'm going to create another TAG - if you have an iPod, you have to switch it to random and list (truthfully) the first ten songs, artists that it throws up and seeing as you cannot tag just one person I tag the following 5:-

Goth, SH, CJ, Craic Girl, Elisabeth

Answers on your blogs please and then you have to TAG another 5 peeps - let the fun begin.

(No iPod? not getting out that easy, pretend you have one and let's hear what weird crap you listen to.....)

Drama Queen said...

*Knock Knoc*

See above. I did tag you.

Drama Queen said...

*Knock Knoc*

See above. I did tag you.

Calamity Jane said...

OK babe, keep your kinky boots on, I heard you the first time! :-)

Glamourpuss said...

My handbag is large enough to conceal a small child, which may account for the bad smell and crying that emanates from it periodically...

Puss

Calamity Jane said...

Puss - is the small child functional or purely for display?

I have a bag somewhere that could conceal the entire Blues & Royals regiment - purely decorative of course :-)

Shaz said...

Lol @ Puss, wish I could hide an 11 & 14 year old in my bag, lock it & loose the key!