Wednesday, 14 February 2007

Whole lotta love

I'm rather proud of the fact that my husband doesn't buy into Hallmark Day, I mean Valentine's Day. I'm rather glad that he won't be coming home tonight looking sheepish and clutching a manky bunch of roses from the garage down the road - just because he felt he had to.

He shows his affection for me in other more practical ways throughout the year. Getting up early to defrost my car, for example, when I have to leave the house an hour before he does or warming my gloves on the radiator on a frosty morning mean far more to me than a heart shaped box of chocolates.

Putting my cynicism to one side I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day - love to all.

9 Comments:

Drama Queen said...

I agree, it’s all the little things throughout the year that count. Like, for instance, since moving in with Boyfriend I have never had to fill my car up with petrol and he does this because he knows I hate the Belgian pumps.

I did just get a massive bunch of flowers delivered to my work though and I am melting more than I do over the petrol.

I.Am.A.Sell Out!

Drama Queen said...

How did I miss you cat post?

How cute are the kittens!!!!!

Calamity Jane said...

In my humble opinion, very. :-) Thanks DQ

SpanishGoth said...

I don't "buy" into VD but I do use it as an excuse to "waste" money on something that mi Mariposa wants but would not buy herself.

Remainder of the year I am helpful kind and polite - apart from the days when I am grumpy, childish and a pain in the arse to be around.

On the bright side, that kind of sums her up to - kind of evens itself out in the end

Mr Mans Wife said...

Ahhh, that's lovely CJ. :)

Shaz said...

I agree the nice things through out the year are more important but it's also nice to have yet another special day & I'm proud of myself for not being commercial & for the first time ever I made something as a gift.

Go love, love rules, more love I say x x

PS I also agree with Goth. You have to take the rough with the smooth

Calamity Jane said...

Each to their own - either the full blown romantic gestures or the mundane niceties - whatever makes your heart beat a little faster is what matters.

Besides I was just looking for an excuse to use a Zeppelin choon as a title.

Shaz said...

LOL . . . u make me laugh . . . .just sing to us when the mood takes ya (ear plugs at the ready)

Anonymous said...

I agree - those things are far better than chocolates or flowers any day!